People may lose their teeth due to sports injuries, accidents or periodontal disease. If you have a missing tooth, it is very important to get immediate treatment as it may adversely affect your oral health and your jaw bone mass. Missing teeth can have a huge impact on your life. It can ruin your smile, make eating a challenge and lower your self-esteem. There are several ways to replace a missing tooth, but nothing compares to dental implants.
A dental implant serves as a replacement for the root portion of the missing natural tooth. It is made of titanium and used to support dentures for partial and full-mouth teeth replacement. Here are the top reasons to choose a dental implant for your missing tooth:
– High Success Rate – A dental implant has an average success rate of 95 percent. This makes it a highly sought after method to replace missing teeth. Also, with proper care, it can last for several decades.
– Improved Appearance – The look and feel of dental implants is just like natural teeth. They look more attractive in appearance than removable dentures.
– Prevents Bone Loss – When you lose a tooth, you also lose the bone that held it in place. This may cause the loss of one tooth after another. This procedure of tooth replacement has the ability to bond your bone. It also helps in maintaining the jawbone strength.
– Supports Adjacent Teeth – If one tooth is missing, then the others will gradually shift, affecting a person’s ability to bite, chew and speak. Getting a replica tooth to replace the missing one will make sure that your teeth continue to work in harmony.
– Easy to Clean – Implants are similar to real teeth and can be easily cleaned with usual brushing and flossing methods.
– Improves Confidence – Removable dentures can become an embarrassment for the wearer, while with dental implants a person can feel confident and perform daily activities without interruption.
– Replace any number of missing teeth – This procedure can be used to replace either a single tooth or all the above or lower missing teeth.
– Improves Overall Oral Health – This procedure helps in maintaining the overall oral health and allows you to eat all types of food without any problem.